Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'm Thankful For MY SENSES...

Hey all,
I want to say thanks to all of you who've written me saying how much they are liking this. Isn't it fun that an idea can springboard into something so wonderful?

Today I am thankful for all my senses. I know that sounds strange, but I just took Ares outside and (don't hate me) It's another beautiful day down here. Sun was warm on my face, I could smell the moonflowers around my window, taste the chocolate coffee I was drinking. I could hear the sound of ducks on the lake behind my house, and see the wild turkeys strutting their stuff in the next yard. Then Jonathon came out to talk to me. He put his arms around my waist and nuzzled my hair and I could sense the love he has for me.

How often do we just go through our days not paying attention to any of those senses? We forget, or take for granted the fact we can see, hear and feel. To watch Ares run up and want me to toss him a stick. To hear the sound of my kids laughing at a cartoon. To smell that special scent that belongs to Jonathon and no one else. If I didn't have those...I could survive...but would my life be as full?

I'm thankful right now, I don't have to find out.

So...what are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

Roscoe James said...

Let me second your post. Overlooking is something we are all entirely to guilty of.

Thankful for your post.

Unknown said...

Good Morning,
You have ad right to be thankful as all of us do. You are right that most of us don't take the time to truly see nor feel just how thankful we are to have all the wonderful things going on around us. Not sure where you live, but the wild turkeys and the woodsy surrounds you live in sounds wonderful.
We are also having some pretty fall days here in NM.
Take care.

Christiane France - Author said...

Here in the Niagara Peninsula of Canada it's gray and overcast, but I'm grateful it's not raining or snowing.

I'm also grateful for my wonderful husband and The Boys, our two domineering Persian cats who have this weird idea they own us, our home and everything in it.

Chris

CJ England said...

Hey Roscoe,

Thanks for the post. I appreciate you taking the time.

Hey Joanne,

You are so right. The old adage "take time to smell the roses", is so true. And as weird as it may sound, I live in Orlando Florida! LOL I'm just lucky to live on a lake in the middle of the city.

Hey Chris,

Is the Niagara Peninsula near the falls? That's one place I haven't had a chance to visit yet. And give your kitties a hug from me and mine... Thanks for posting!

CJ