Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Memories For You



Wow!  What a crazy weekend.  I have been so busy, I don't know what to do with myself.  But I've got a couple of great memories to share.  I laughed, cried and sighed with them all.  Check it out!!!


This first one is from Gayle.  It is a special memory she'll keep forever.  Enjoy!


Two years ago, my youngest had come in from school to visit for the holidays. She has asthma and allergies. She was having problems breathing from the time she got off the plane. She didn't want to ruin anyone's Christmas so she just kept taking her inhaler and saying she was fine. By Christmas morning, she finally agreed to go to the emergency room for a breathing treatment. My two other children took her as I was  cooking food for the entire family who always come over.. Unfortunately, after three treatments, they decided to admit her. On Christmas Day. The staff was very nice and our entire family was able to go in her room with all our presents and open them there. It made my daughter feel a little better as she kept saying she ruined Christmas. With the family there, it felt a little more like Christmas. She was released the following afternoon. The staff at the hospital was very nice and helped make her Christmas brighter.

 And this one is from Janet.  It's a keeper, too!

My most cherished Christmas memory.  It sometimes makes me sigh.  It always makes me laugh and cry.

My grandmother always gave the same gift to my mom, my sister, and me.  There was only one difference between them.  Mom's was white, my sister's was blue, and mine was pink.  It didn't matter if it was a robe, a shirt, or slippers.  She gave each of us the same color every year.

My grandmother became ill and passed away.  She died in August that year, but had already finished her Christmas shopping.  Our gifts were all boxed and wrapped and waiting for Christmas.

On Christmas Eve, my mom passed out those gifts.  Grandma had given the three of us sweaters, but she had mixed up the boxes.  I had a white sweater, my mom had a blue one, and my sister had a pink one.  We cried and laughed and passed them around until we each had our traditional color. 

 


 Thanks for sharing your hearts.  They ARE special memories.  Stay tuned to this blog for more great Christmas memories and Holiday's Around the World!  WooHoo!

Have a great Monday!

CJ
 

1 comment:

Phylis said...

Those are wonderful memories! Phylis