Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Fashion Rant-- and News

Hey all,

Minor Rant here.

Is it just me, or do the people (mainly the women) on the Weather Channel have the worst wardrobes on the planet?

I mean, I got the whole, I-don't-want-to-stand-out-because-the-weather-map-is-the-big-draw-here, but seriously, have you seen some of the outfits? They are hideous.

Now I'm no fashion plate, but I know enough not to put horizontal stripes across some pregnant woman's ass! Or make some poor lady wear a puke green jacket with buttons the size of saucers.

That's just not right.

The men have it easier, but they aren't that much better. It's the colors I object to most. They are just flat out boring. Who says you can't find a hot looking suit for these guys. Some of them are very attractive and they dress like my dead grandfather! Heads up, Weather Channel. Get a clue before people start switching the channel just to ease their eyes!!!!

Anyway, rant over.

But I've got news. Remember that trip to Singapore? Well, I'm leaving on Thursday! WooHoo!!!!!

That's right. Just got my itinerary from my sweet baboo. I leave Orlando on Thursday evening at 7:55 pm. I fly straight to Amsterdam, in the Netherlands where I have a 10 hour layover. But it's long enough for me to wander around and see the sights, which is cool. I jump back on the plane that evening and head for Singapore where I will fall (literally, I'll be so tired) into the arms of my darling Jonathon.

I can't wait!!!

So, I'll blog as normal through Thursday, but then it will be hit and miss for the next few days. If I have internet along the way, I'll post, but who knows if that will happen. Once I've recovered from the flight and had my way (several times if I'm awake long enough) with Jonathon, I have internet at the hotel, so I'll update you on how the flight was.

You can track me for some of the trip. Once I have flight numbers, I'll send those out, as well as the website I usually use. It's fun to watch where the plane is.

Anyway, I'm off to pack. Now that I know when I'm going I feel like I'm horribly behind! LOL But at least I don't have stripes on my ass!!!!

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'll need 'em!

Hugs,

3 comments:

Maria said...

I agree that the anchors on the Weather Channel do seem to be very fashion challenged. Enjoy your flight to Singapore. I'm assuming that the sweet baboo that you refer to is Jonathan.

Anonymous said...

Well it is better than them running around naked but me just give me my jeans and I'm happy.
Hugs!
Lisa

Phylis said...

Definitely on the boring side but I guess you can't outshine the weather! LOL Good Luck with your trip! Have fun!