Friday, October 22, 2010

Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile...

Hey all,
It's Friday and you know what that means!  Time for another guest blogger. And today's guest is fellow Aspen Mountain author, Dominique Eastwick.  And like the poet, William Cullen Bryant who gave us today's blog title, Dominique has some things to tell us about the lovely season of autumn.

But before we get to that, let's find out a little more about this new author. She says this on her website...

My dream since I was 14 was to become a published author, now my dream is continue writing and bring the crazy worlds in my head to paper.

As well as writing I love art, historical costumes design, and I consider myself an amateur photographer. All my passions feed a drive in me to create.

And the quick glance I took around her website shows me she has all kinds of dreams ready to be written, so make sure you keep and eye on this author.  She's one to watch.

So, without further ado, please join me in welcoming Dominique Eastwick...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Ah Fall again… Finally

Thank you CJ for allowing me the time to come and Chat on your Blog. Its an honor as being so new to this business I look up to you as one of those that are living the dream.

Now a little about me…

I am one of those fall gals.  Nothing makes me happier they the crisp cooler air or the vivid colors on the leaves. This time of year always makes me feel alive and refreshed. I know that spring is the time for rebirth but for me it’s the opposite. Maybe its my love of pumpkins, and when I say I love pumpkins I LOVE them. I eat them in soup, bread, pie, waffles.  Love the seeds and love the smell. When my boys were little and we made homemade play-doh, we would add pumpkin spice to the recipe so the kitchen would smell wonderful.

So here is my super easy recipe for Pumpkin Butter wonderful on bagels or crackers.

Ingredients
1 lrg (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree or you can use the fresh flesh from the pumpkin by baking it for 30 to soften the flesh before cutting it from the skin and pureeing it.
3/4 cup apple juice
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions
Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently.
Transfer to sterile containers and chill in the refrigerator until serving.

Enjoy and if you have any pumpkin recipes please share them, my family may not thank you but I sure will.

~A SPECIAL NOTE~
As its Breast Cancer awareness month I am donating 50% of all proceeds from Hunting JC to Susan B Komen for the Cure.


Hunting JC--Now out with Aspen Mountain Press
http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/contemporary/erotica/hunting-jc/prod_288.html

Or you can reach me at www.DominiqueEastwick.com
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Thank you, Dominique, and I can't wait to try that recipe.  When we lived in Australia I was first introduced to pumpkin soup, and ever since then I've loved to try different pumpkin concoctions!  And I adore pumpkin butter.

Don't forget to check out my FREE READ over at my FREE READ BLOG.  It's heating up over there so you don't want to miss a minute!  Plus this weekend we'll be having a party, so mark your calendar and be sure to visit.

I'll see you on Monday with a bit of a rant about security.  The lack thereof and the overkill.
 
Hugs to all,
CJ England
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com/luckbealady/luckbealady.htm


7 comments:

Kate Richards said...

That recipe sounds wonderful! Isn't fall just the best?

Becca Dale said...

The recipe sounds delicious, Dominique. Thanks. I have one for apple btter that my family loves, but I will be trying this soon.

Faith Bicknell said...

Autumn is my favorite time of year.

Dominique Eastwick said...

kate I do love fall, and Becca you can't just tell us you have a great apple butter recipe and leave LOL....give it up girl.

Lizzie said...

Yummm Dominique, and that's for the recipe, the season and the book!

CJ England said...

A great response everybody. And I agree. Becca--give up the recipe before I send the GREAT PUMPKIN after you. LOL

Dominique Eastwick said...

Faith, thank you for taking the time to stop by and say hello and thank you lizzie for the support.