Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Bit of Shameless Self Promotion and a Word About Domestic Abuse

Hey all,

A little bit of shameless self promotion!  I'm pleased to say that the last of the Second Chances series is now back up online.  And this time the publisher won't close it's doors!  LOL  

The full series is one of my favorites, and Life's a Dance hits very close to home.  Parts of it were taken from my own history, and I wanted my readers to understand that there IS life after a broken relationship.  

Some of you have asked where I got the inspiration for these books and Life's a Dance in particular. The idea for this story came about when when we were on vacation and I was sitting in the Wildhorse Saloon with my husband and children in Nashville, Tennessee. And while my sweet baboo is NO Eddie, there was a man there who acted just like him.

What you see in the prologue of Life's a Dance actually happened, and seeing it broke my heart. It reminded me too much of a time in my not so distant past where a man had tried to break me in a similar vicious manner.

Well, seeing that scene was all it take to get me to dreaming and Life's a Dance came out of that brief look into a couple's painful life. As I mentioned before, I wanted readers to see that domestic abuse comes in many forms, and not all of them leave bruises you can see.

So, as Heather would say, this book is for all those women who've been hurt by someone who was supposed to love and protect them, but it's also for those special men who finally made those same women's dreams of safety and a real and lasting love come true.  

Enjoy this brief look into this bestselling book...


A chance meeting between two people leads to an evening of dance, love and memories to last a lifetime.

When Heather meets the dark, handsome Dustin at the Wildhorse Saloon, she has no idea the single dance he asks of her will lead to the most important moment of her life.  But although the connection between them is immediate and powerful, she belongs to another, and all she can take home with her is the memory of a love that can never be.
Dustin St. James lives, breathes and loves music in Nashville.  As one of the most sought after studio musicians around, he has his pick of gigs and of the ladies.  Yet he's knocked off his feet when the purple-eyed Heather dances her way into his life.  Having to let her go leaves a hole in his life and in his heart.
But Fate has plans for these two and when six years later they meet again, the emotions they share have only grown stronger.  Can they struggle through the tangles of the years apart, or will their long awaited dance of love end before it's had a chance to begin?


**The author is donating a portion of the proceeds to NCADV.  For more information please go to http://www.ncadv.org/.

To learn more and read an excerpt of this book, please go to... http://www.cjengland.com/secondchances/lifesadance.htm
To learn more about the full Second Chances series, go to http://cjengland.com/series/

~*~

According to statistics, an estimated 1.3 million women are victims of physical or emotional abuse by an intimate partner each year. 85% of domestic violence victims are women and historically, females have been most often victimized by someone they know. Females who are twenty to twenty-four years of age are at the greatest risk, but unfortunately most cases of domestic violence are never reported to the police.

Nearly three out of four (74%) of Americans personally know someone who is or has been a victim of domestic violence. In addition, one in four women (25%) has encountered domestic abuse in her lifetime.

If you know someone who is enduring the pain of domestic abuse, please don't turn away. Be strong for them when they can't be.  Reach out. Give them help if you can.  For more information on how to do that, please contact the NCADV (National Coalition Against Domestic Violence) at  http://www.ncadv.org/.

As I did with my other two books in this series, I will be donating 50% of my author royalties to NCADV to help fight this specific atrocity. 

Until next time...

Hugs,

CJ England










Follow Your Dreams
http://cjengland.com/wanderingstar/whathappensinmexico.htm

2 comments:

Phylis said...

This is a great story CJ. My daughter ended a relationship that was an emotional not physical abuse. I am proud of her for standing up for herself and leaving him before it became physical. She now has a man who treats her with respect and love.

CJ England said...

Thanks, Phylis.

I'm glad your daughter got out of her situation. It's so hard to watch them in pain. And I'm glad, like my Heather, she has found a man to treat her like the precious jewel she is.

CJ